The Abortion Pill
- on day one: 200 mg of Mifeprex™ taken by mouth
- 24 to 48 hours after taking Mifeprex™: 800 mcg of misoprostol taken buccally (in the cheek pouch), at a location appropriate for the patient
- about seven to fourteen days after taking Mifeprex™: follow-up with the healthcare provider
- has an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside of the uterus)
- has problems with the adrenal glands (the glands near the kidneys)
- is currently being treated with long-term corticosteroid therapy (medications)
- has had an allergic reaction to mifepristone, misoprostol, or similar drugs
- has bleeding problems or is taking anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drug products
- has inherited porphyria
- has an intrauterine device (IUD) in place (it must be removed before taking Mifeprex™)
- sustained fever, severe abdominal pain, prolonged heavy bleeding, or fainting.
- abdominal pain or discomfort, or general malaise (“feeling sick,” including weakness, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, with or without fever)
What If I Have Second Thoughts?
Are you having second thoughts or regrets about your abortion decision? It may not be too late to change your mind. We can help. If you’ve taken the first dose of the abortion pill, Mifepristone (Mifeprex or RU-486) there is an effective process for reversing the procedure, called abortion pill reversal. At PRC of Rolla, this service is available at no cost to you.
Women have successfully continued their pregnancies and given birth to healthy babies after reversal progesterone treatment was given under doctor’s care. Any attempts to counteract the abortion pill should not be done without the assistance of a medical professional. The abortion pill reversal treatment is available at PRC of Rolla. Schedule, call or text us for more information.